A Re-invention/Release Spell to do at the New Moon (or Anytime).
What You'll Need -- A pen and paper -- A length of string (the length of your forearm)-- Use the colour correspondence list at the bottom of this article to decide what colour you'll need. For example, if you want to reinvent your love life, use red string. -- Scissors -- Symbols to represent each element. I use the following:
EARTH-- a sprig of cedar, an acorn AIR-- a feather, a bell FIRE-- a candle, a sage bundle WATER-- a cup of water, my cauldron
The Way We Flow
1) In any ritual work, you first want to clean your space, even if that just means sweeping the floor and taking out the trash.
2) Assemble items to represent the four elements.
3) Take a few minutes to clear your mind, focus your energy and connect with your intention. What are you doing and why?
4) Call in any spirit helpers. These could be your angels, your ancestors, plant or animal allies, etc. Ask for the assistance of Archangel Michael to ensure that only that which comes through love and light enters your space.
5) Energetically cleanse in each direction (North, South, East and West). You can do this by burning sage or palo santo or by sprinkling salt water or spirit water. Greet the energies of each direction and each element.
6) Before we can have room to receive what we want to reinvent, we need to release any blocks or outdated ways of being. On the piece of paper, write down what you want to let go of. Declare out loud what you want to release. Let's say that you want to reinvent your career, so you choose to release procrastination and fear of failure.
7) Take the piece of paper with whatever you're release and either burn it or bury it in a pot of dirt. Take the pot of dirt outside and bury your paper after the ritual.
8) Speak aloud what you want to call in. For example, if you're working on your career, maybe you call in prosperity in your business.
9) Tie a knot in the string as you repeat what you're calling in. For example, tie a knot, then say "A prospering business". Do this 8 more times and recite the following:
By knot of one, this spell has begun By knot of two, my words are true By knot of three, it comes to be By knot of four, power in store By knot of five, the spell is alive By knot of six, the spell is fixed By knot of seven, the answer is given By knot of eight, I meld with fate By knot of nine, the thing is mine!
10) When you're done, tie the string around your wrist and wear it until the full moon.
11) Close your circle by thanking the elements and the directions, as well as any angels, ancestors or allies.
White-- purity, truth, angelic realm, working with the Moon
Pink-- love, compassion, relaxation, beauty, self-love
Yellow-- intellect, communication, travel, confidence, joy
Orange-- courage, career, study, healing
Red--passion, virility, longevity, victory, protection
Blue--intuition, mental and emotional balance, transformation, peace
Green-- health, luck, fortune, money, prosperity, renewal